If you are having troubles with the Backup Utility and or Firestreamer-RM, check for error messages in the following locations:
- The Backup Utility's logs. Open the Backup Utility in the Advanced mode, click Tools in the top menu bar, and then click Report. The log files are usually located in C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\NTBackup\data.
- Application and System event logs. See How To View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP.
- Work Queue and Operator Requests in the Full view of Removable Storage.
- The Activity tab of the Firestreamer-RM Control Panel.
- The Firestreamer-RM log files for scheduled backup tasks.