Firestreamer Snap-in - Media View
The Media view displays the initial media layout of the selected Firestreamer tape library. To open the view, follow the steps below:
- Open the Firestreamer Snap-in.
- In the console tree, click Media.
The details pane of the view contains the following controls:
||Specifies the library for which the initial media layout is displayed.|
|Initial media layout
||Displays the initial media layout for the library.|
||Displays the type of the changer element the medium is located in.|
||Displays the number of the changer element the medium is located in. If this field is blank, the number is assigned automatically.|
||Displays the type of the medium.|
||Displays the name of the medium.|
||Displays the maximum size of the file medium. If this field is blank, then the absolute maximum size applies. For more information, see File Media.|
||Displays whether the medium is read-only.|
||Displays the bar code of the medium. If this field is blank, the bar code is assigned automatically. For more information, see Bar Codes.|
The view provides the following actions:
||Opens the Media Layout Editor.|
|Load From File
||Allows you to browse through folders to find the media map file from which you want to load media into the library.|
||Unloads all media from the library.|
To use the view, follow the steps below:
- Select a library from the Library list.
- Browse the initial media layout of the selected library.
- To edit the media layout in the Media Layout Editor, click the Action menu, and then click Edit.
- To load media from an existing media map file, click the Action menu, and then click Load From File.
- To unload all media from the library, click the Action menu, and then click Unload All.
- To browse the current state of the library, open the Current State view.