Drive Media - Iomega REV
On This Page
If you use Iomega REV drive media, note the following:
- To increase the performance and stability of your system, we strongly recommend that you uninstall all Iomega REV drivers because the older versions are known to cause system lock-ups and crashes. However, you can leave Iomega REV software installed if you are not experiencing any problems with Firestreamer.
- Iomega REV drives do not support hardware compression. You may not be able to store, for example, 90 MB of data on a 35 MB disk because the actual compression ratio depends on the type of the data being backed up.
- You do not need to format Iomega REV disks before using them with Firestreamer.
Intermittent Media Errors
To resolve intermittent media errors with Iomega REV, try the following methods:
- Make sure your Iomega REV drive is properly connected with an appropriate high speed data transfer cable.
- Enable or disable UDMA in the BIOS and/or Windows. For more information, see DMA Mode for ATA/ATAPI Devices.
Reusing Iomega REV Disks
If you plan to reuse Firestreamer-formatted Iomega REV disks with other software, you may need to reformat the disks to ensure their full capacity. For more information on low-level UDF formatting using Iomega REV tools, see the following articles: