Firestreamer Snap-in - Current State View
The Current State view displays the current media layout of the selected Firestreamer tape library. The current layout may differ from the initial media layout in the following ways:
- The actual changer element numbers are displayed for each medium, while the initial layout most likely has the corresponding fields left blank for automatic assignment.
- The location (i.e. the changer element type and number) of a particular medium may change because of the backup software moving tapes between storage slots and tape drives.
- The bar codes may be updated if the initial media layout has the corresponding fields left blank for automatic assignment.
To open the Current State view, follow the steps below:
- Open the Firestreamer Snap-in.
- In the console tree, click Current State.
The details pane of the view contains the following controls:
||Specifies the library for which the current state is displayed.|
|Current media layout
||Displays the current media layout in the library.|
||Displays the type of the changer element the medium is located in.|
||Displays the number of the changer element the medium is located in.|
||Displays the type of the medium.|
||Displays the name of the medium.|
||Displays the maximum size of the file medium. If this field is blank, then the absolute maximum size applies. For more information, see File Media.|
||Indicates whether the medium is read-only.|
||Displays the bar code of the medium. If the bar code is blank, then either it is forced to be empty by the initial media layout, or it is not yet read from the medium. If the bar code is marked with * (asterisk), then the bar code is assigned but not yet written to the medium. For more information, see Bar Codes.|
The view provides no Firestreamer-specific actions.
To use the view, follow the steps below:
- Select a library from the Library list.
- Browse the current state of the selected library.