Firestreamer Snap-in - Media Layout Editor
The Media Layout Editor allows you to specify the media to be loaded into a tape library. To open the editor, follow the steps below:
- Open the Firestreamer Snap-in.
- In the console tree, click Media.
- In the details pane, click Library and select the library for which you want to edit the media layout.
- Click the Action menu, and then click Edit.
The editor contains the following controls:
|Media layout for library
||Lists the media to be loaded into the library. Each entry (row) corresponds to a line in a media map.|
||Specifies the type of the changer element the medium will be placed in. The recommended value is Storage Slot. For more information, see Basic Concepts.|
||Specifies the one-based number of the changer element the medium will be placed in. It is recommended to leave this field blank to have the number assigned automatically. For more information, see Basic Concepts.|
||Specifies the type of the medium. For more information, see Basic Concepts.|
||Specifies the name of the medium. For more information, see File Media and Drive Media.|
|Maximum size, MB
||Specifies the maximum size of the file medium in megabytes as a decimal number. For more information, see File Media.|
||Specifies whether the medium will be opened in read-only mode.|
||Specifies the bar code of the medium. It is recommended to leave this field blank to have the bar code assigned automatically. For more information, see Bar Codes.|
||Loads the media into the library by applying the current media layout.|
|File > Open
||Opens a media map file.|
|File > Save
||Saves the currently open media map file.|
|File > Save As
||Saves the media layout as a media map file.|
|File > Exit
||Closes the editor without saving any changes you have made.|
|Edit > Add New Entry
||Adds a new blank entry to the media layout.|
|Edit > Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, Select All
||Allows you to perform standard editing operations on the currently selected entries or text.|
|Media > Create and Add File Media
||Opens the Create File Media form.|
|Media > Add Existing File Media
||Allows you to browse through folders to find the file media that you want to add to the media layout.|
|Media > Add Drive Media
||Opens the Add Drive Media form.|
|Media > Substitute Drive Letters
||Replaces the drive letters with volume names in the Medium name column of the selected rows. For more information, see File Media. To select a row, click the row header (the leftmost cell of the row).|
To use the Media Layout Editor, follow the steps below:
- When the editor opens, it shows the initial media layout for the library. To open an existing media map file, click the File menu, and then click Open.
- To add new file media to the media layout, click the Media menu, and then click Create and Add File Media.
- To add existing file media to the media layout, click the Media menu, and then click Add Existing File Media.
- To add drive media to the media layout, click the Media menu, and then click Add Drive Media.
- Add, modify or remove the entries by directly editing the media layout as needed. To enter the same value into multiple cells, select the cells of the same column (or select an entire column by clicking its header), and then press Ctrl+V to paste the value from the clipboard.
- To save the media layout as a media map file, click the File menu, and then click either Save or Save As.
- Click Load Media to apply the media layout (in other words, to load the media into the library).
Note that the editor may not allow you to add new entries to the media layout if the current number of entries equals to or exceeds the number of storage slots in the library.