Firestreamer Helper Service
On This Page
The Firestreamer Helper Services (FsHelperSvc) is a service that runs in the background and performs the following functions:
- Provides the security context for opening file media.
- Restores the initial media layout when the system starts up.
- Writes Firestreamer events into Windows Event Log.
By default, the service logs on to the Local System account. To change the account, follow the steps below.
- Unload all media from all Firestreamer libraries.
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Open Administrative Tools.
- Open Services.
- Right-click Firestreamer Helper Service, click Properties, and then click Log On.
- Specify the account that has access to your file media, and then click OK.
- Restart the service.
- Load media into the Firestreamer tape libraries as needed.