Firestreamer - Overview
Firestreamer is a virtual tape library (VTL) that enables the existing
tape backup software to access a wide range of non-tape storage media,
making possible long-term and off-site retention of data without
the need for tape drives.
Firestreamer allows you to:
- Avoid or minimize investments in expensive physical tape hardware.
- Reduce operational costs through increased automation of backups
- Optimize utilization of your existing storage resources, such as
disk arrays or NAS.
- Save time with fast simultaneous backups and restores to and from
multiple virtual tape drives.
- Make your business more disaster resilient by saving your data to
different types of media for off-site storage.
- Improve the performance, compatibility and storage utilization of
your current online and physical tape backups with intermediate backups
to virtual tape.
Firestreamer features include:
- Up to 8 tape libraries with up to 255 tape drives and 60,000 storage
slots per library.
- Virtual tapes on any accessible storage devices, external HDDs,
disk arrays, NAS, Blu-ray, and more.
- Full specifications...
Try Now for FREE!
Firestreamer and Microsoft Data Protection Manager
Firestreamer seamlessly integrates with Microsoft System Center Data
Protection Manager, providing all the benefits listed above, plus
the unique ability to allow long-term backups without
physical tape libraries.
To get started with Firestreamer: