ASR.SIF file command reference...??

The technical support forum for Firestreamer-RM 2.x (the virtual tape drive for NTBackup).
spinjector

Post by spinjector »

Hello,

I downloaded Firestreamer-RM hoping it might help with something I'm trying to do at the small company I work for, but it doesn't really address the situation I'm in.

I have a Windows 2003 server with a RAID-5 array that was improperly configured when it was created. In order to fix it, I need to backup/delete/recreate/restore the entire array, including the system partition. I've been experimenting on a test-machine, and it's been an education in Ntbackup and hacking ASR files & Windows Setup, the latter of which I am already good with.

The reason for this message is a simple question I'm hoping you can help me with, since you seem to be the only vendor on the entire internet that's written any utilities that work with NTBackup & ASR...

Could you possibly point me to documentation of the sections in the ASR.SIF file...?

I've been searching Google for days now, and I've only found small slivers of information.

Thanks.
jsf
Cristalink Support

Post by jsf »

We don't have any documentation on ASR.SIF. We used a trial and error approach to find out the meaning on some of its sections. What we found is in Firestreamer-RM's code, not in a text document, and is unlikely to help you anyway. I am sorry we cannot be more helpful.
Best regards,
John Smith
Cristalink Support
spinjector

Post by spinjector »

I understand. Thank you.