Write Speed not Correct

The technical support forum for Firestreamer-RM 2.x (the virtual tape drive for NTBackup).
RFCEngr

Post by RFCEngr »

I have a new Pioneer Blue Ray BDR207DBK unit, and I can burn with ImgBurn ok, but when I send Cristalink at it, it says it's burning at 9.9x, actually burns at 0.1x, (Burn speed max is 6x but has 4x blu-ray media) and eventually crashes the server. Is there a way to set the burn speed through command line switch/Registry Setting, or is there something the drive is not reporting. I have upgraded the firmware on the burner to 1.2, but didn't seem to help.

I am running Firestreamer RM 2.7.1 x86 on an SBS 2003 R2 server with SP2.
jsf
Cristalink Support

Post by jsf »

It looks like you have buggy drivers for your BD writer. You need to check if there are any filter drivers present and disable them as described at http://www.cristalink.com/fsrm/hh.aspx? ... t-noaccess
Best regards,
John Smith
Cristalink Support
RFCEngr

Post by RFCEngr »

Well, to update, BD-RE and DVD+DL all burn correctly at 2x and 8x respectively. For some reason when I put in a BD-R, no matter if it is 4x or 6x, it thinks it can write at 9.9x (The max of the blue ray burner is 12x), it just so happens that the max burn rate of the burner with BD-RE and DVD+DL media has the same max as the burner. I don't think they make a BDR at 12x yet.

Media is Memorex BDR 4x, Verbatim BDR 6x, Phillips BD-RE 2x and Memorex DVD+DL 8x

Still looking into this, but hoping something here triggers someone else to comment.

Thanks.
jsf
Cristalink Support

Post by jsf »

You can try setting the following registry values under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\clfs3drv\Parameters. Note that you need to disable then enable Firestreamer-RM for your changes to take effect.

DriveReadSpeed REG_DWORD Controls the read speed
DriveWriteSpeed REG_DWORD Controls the write speed

You can use one the following values:

0 Firestreamer default speed
1 Drive default speed
2 Maximum speed
3 Disable (Firestreamer will not attempt to change the drive speed)
Best regards,
John Smith
Cristalink Support