DPM 2012 Error - Number of drives reported is different...

The technical support forum for Firestreamer (the virtual tape library).
benw

Post by benw »

I recently started getting an error message in DPM 2012 regarding the Firestreamer Media Changer. When I look at the tape library in DPM no drives are listed where there should be 5. Error message:

Tape Library Firestreamer Media Changer is not functioning efficiently for the following reason:
The drive information for Tape Library Firestreamer Media Changer is incorrect and needs to be refreshed. (ID 3302)

The number of drives reported for this library is different from the number of drives detected by DPM. If any drives are out of the library for servicing, ignore this alert; otherwise, remap the drives within the library manually.
Attachments
dpm error.png
dpm error.png (6.33 KiB) Viewed 15004 times
jsf
Cristalink Support

Post by jsf »

We haven't heard about that error before. Have you tried performing Rescan in DPM? You may also want to try the "dpm library checker tool".

Generally, it looks like a bug in DPM, unless you installed some software that interferes with tape drives. Please check if Windows Device Manager displays the correct number of Firestreamer Tape Drives.
Best regards,
John Smith
Cristalink Support
benw

Post by benw »

Just to close the loop.

I downloaded the DPM library checker tool and executed "DPMLibraryTest.exe /CERTIFY /TL \\.\Changer0 /AT" from an elevated command prompt and that seemed to fix the issue. The 5 tape drives are now showing in DPM (they have always been listed properly in Device Manager). After the fix DPM was not showing the correct number of free tapes so an "Inventory" was required and all seems to be well.

Thanks for your help.
jsf
Cristalink Support

Post by jsf »

Thank you for the update.
Best regards,
John Smith
Cristalink Support
JeanLuc

Post by JeanLuc »

Hello, the software Firestreamer can manage 2 hard disk of 4To on-line automatically (8TO altogether) ?
Many thanks
Jean-luc
jsf
Cristalink Support

Post by jsf »

I'm sorry, your question is not clear. Could you start a new topic with more detail? Thank you.
Best regards,
John Smith
Cristalink Support