Licensing - Transferrable?

The technical support forum for Firestreamer (the virtual tape library).
ssievertsen

Post by ssievertsen »

I have a network build where I have 1 Production environment and consistently changing
2 - 3 Development environments.

Right now I am at 1 Prod environment and 2 Dev environments.

Can I transfer licenses between Dev Environments if I buy 3 to cover everything in my testing.

So if I switch from Dev01 and Dev02 to Dev02 and Dev03. Can the Dev01 license be
transferred to the Dev03 build?
jsf
Cristalink Support

Post by jsf »

According to EULA and https://www.cristalink.com/fs/purchase.aspx, "Firestreamer is licensed on a per-computer (per-installation) basis. You need a single license for each computer, whether physical or virtual, that will have the software installed".

If you plan to install Firestreamer on two computers, you need two licenses. You can transfer your Firestreamer license key from one computer to another, provided that Firestreamer is removed from the first computer. For example, if you have one license key and one copy of Firestreamer installed on your server, and the server is destroyed, you can install Firestreamer on another server along with the license key that you used on the old server.

Note that you can use Firestreamer without a license to restore your data (but not to perform new backups).
Best regards,
John Smith
Cristalink Support